We are more than a day care. We are a Child Development Center.
The First English Lutheran Church Child Development Center is a nurturing place that will care for your child, ensure his or her happiness, and teach him or her to interact with others socially. The Center strives to create an atmosphere in which a child is respected as an individual. Experienced child care professionals will guide your child through learning and development.
Our mission is to provide a quality childcare experience that helps each child develop physically, socially, and emotionally.
- Create an atmosphere in which each child is respected as an individual.
- Understand that the development of the individual includes nurturing physical, emotional, and intellectual growth to promote the healthy functioning of a child.
- Support physical and intellectual growth by providing nutritious meals, a safe and challenging play ground, and a curriculum that teaches children respect for their bodies and the bodies of others.
- Build a secure environment based on trust in order to facilitate emotional development in children.
- Help children learn to express their needs and feelings and learn to listen to the needs and feelings of others.
- Retain skilled and caring staff by providing them adequate compensation, continuing education, opportunities for professional growth and a respectful workplace.
We are a Texas Rising Star 4-Star Provider!
Located near the University of Texas campus, we have served the community as an outreach program of First English Lutheran Church since 1972. We are a child-centered, developmentally appropriate program that provides full-day, year-round care for children ages 18 months to 5 years.
We are open weekdays from 7:15 AM - 6:00 PM.
Each week the First English clergy conducts an optional and non-denominational Children's Chapel.